As a previous fitness trainer and High School Health Science Teacher, I have heard this more than a few times. Now as a mother and a health advocate, I am hearing it even more! There are so many diets out there that it can be overwhelming! There is a plethora of information, but how do you narrow it down? I would love to guide you in the right direction and direct your attention to the term “Clean Eating.”
Clean Eating is NOT a diet, its a lifestyle. You will not be famished and hungry. You will not be bogged down with counting calories, points, or carbs. You won’t have to stop eating any major food group, but you will eat from a variety of foods! Your energy will start to skyrocket. You will drop those unwanted pounds once and for all! Your body will naturally detoxify (thanks to your liver) and cleanse itself from unwanted toxins without doing some kind of crazy starvation fast. Does that sound to good to be true? Its not.
Here are the steps you need to know to get started on a new lifestyle and a new healthier, Naturally Made YOU!
TEN STEPS to EAT CLEAN and CHANGE YOUR LIFE
- THROW IT OUT! Get rid of ALL processed foods (cereals, breads, granola bars, chips, soda, candy, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc) in your house. Go through your pantry, refrigerator, or anywhere else you have food that contains unnatural ingredients and dump it in the trash. Do not give it away, no one should be eating it! Remember, most processed foods contains chemicals and artificial ingredients and that isn’t good for anyone!
- READ READ READ! Read all nutrition and ingredient labels on everything you buy. A general rule of thumb is if it has more than five ingredients, it most likely isn’t a health or “clean” option.
- SHOP THE PERIMETER of the grocery store. I’m sure you have heard that one before, but all of the “junk” is located in the isles.
- EAT EVERY 2 TO 3 HOURS eating protein with every meal. This may seem like a lot but once you start eating smaller nutrient packed portions of NATURAL foods your metabolism will kick into gear, and you will be hungry… all the time!
- MAKE ENOUGH DINNER FOR TO HAVE LEFTOVERS FOR LUNCHES. That will save you a ton of time and money.
- STOP EATING OUT AND START EATING IN. Save nice restaurants for special occasions and NEVER eat fast food.
- DRINK WATER. At least 8 to 10 glasses a day. Find your perfect water bottle and keep refilling it!
- FIND RECIPES EASY TO MAKE and plan out your week. I am posting my favorite clean recipes HERE!
- CHOOSE ORGANIC when ever possible.
- KICK YOUR SUGAR ADDICTION! Once you start reading labels and ingredients, you see that it is hidden everywhere!
As for myself, eating clean didn’t happen overnight. It was a learning process and a journey to get where I am now. Accept where you are in your health journey, decide where you want to be, and take one step at a time. Remember, God made food perfect, humans have destroyed it and made it toxic. Lets continue to get healthy together by choosing NATURAL sources of food, untouched by man and created by God.