These are just what we’ve been craving. They are made with whole ingredients, ZERO grains, and a ton of flavor. Once we went officially GF, my sons had been begging for me to make waffles. They really did love them, so I got busy!
First I needed to shop for a non-toxic waffle iron. If you haven’t switched out your toxic cookware, PLEASE DO THAT NOW… Pancake and waffle iron included! (Read about non-toxic cookware HERE!) I’m LOVING our new Oster Ceramic waffle iron that is NON-TOXIC and non-stick…
Second, I need to come up with an awesome recipe! Yes, I do on occasion buy frozen gluten-free waffles for my kids (guilty as charged!). They are good to have on hand in a pinch or if I don’t have any green pancakes or waffles already premade! I always make a big batch so we can freeze and reheat in the toaster oven. But, if you are curious what frozen waffles I do buy, I buy Van’s Gluten Free. The ingredients are great for pre-made and safe for my son.
Crispy Paleo Waffles
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (or almond meal)
- 2 cups tapioca starch
- 2 1/2 Tbs aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 4 eggs (pastured preferred)
- 2 cups milk of choice (I choose almond)
- 8 oz melted grass-fed butter or ghee
- 4 Tbs coconut palm sugar (optional)
Our Favorite Toppings for Crispy Paleo Waffles
- Fresh berries
- Grade B Maple syrup (now known as Grade A dark color)
- All natural peanut butter and apple sauce
- Plain Greek Yogurt, berries and a drizzle of raw honey or syrup
- anything you want
These are definitely a splurge, but man are they so good! We are big fans of this recipe and I hope you will be too! Enjoy!