I made 95% of my twins baby food, with the occasional earths best or Plum organics, for traveling. As they were getting older I had to get more creative so they could practice feeding themselves with the pincer grasp. I am totally against processed foods. The majority of it has so much added sugar. I remember looking at teething biscuits by Earths Best and even though its says, “No added sugar,” the second ingredient is evaporated cane juice… SUGAR!! I decided to make my own.
The best thing you can do for your growing baby (ies), is make their food from scratch. They get the taste of REAL FOOD from the beginning (Check out my previous posts on Homemade Baby Food!)!
Vegan Teething Biscuits
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (you can grind if your baby doesn’t like texture yet)
- 1 cup ground oats (grind oats and make an oat flour)(I just put in the blender)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon or ginger or cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 c (~2) overripe organic bananas, mashed with fork
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil (you can also sub unsweetened organic applesauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients
- In separate bowl mash bananas with fork and add remaining wet ingredients
- Add wet to dry
- Drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Flatten with fork
- Bake 12-15 min
I hope your baby enjoys these vegan teething biscuits as much as my twins did!