Paleo donuts have been a long time coming! I’ve been asked more times than I can count for a good donut recipe, especially from my son Maximus (Rocco does not like dessert, except my chocolate chip cookies). He had never eaten a donut before! We have read about them in books (a Halloween Little People book), and seen them, so finally… ask and ye shall receive!
I am far from a bakery chef and do not have the patience for perfection, but they do taste amazing, are gluten-free, and simple to make!
Chocolate Paleo Donuts
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large organic eggs
- ½ cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, pulse together coconut flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda
- Add eggs, coconut oil, and honey until thoroughly combined
- using a small spoon, fill each doughnut well half way full of batter
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
- Remove doughnuts from and place on parchment paper to cool
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and coconut butter
- Drizzle doughnut with chocolate glaze or use a brush.
- Optional add all natural sprinkles
- Cool and serve
- Store in Refrigerator
I really love these sprinkles! They are 100% all natural, no artificial colors, are chemical free, and a perfect addition to these donuts, however, they are completely optional!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! Happy baking!