What is not to love? Do you see that color? Color means nutrients, yes, HEALING nutrients. We are talking essential minerals, phytochemicals (aka cancer fighting!), and special anti-inflammatory/anti-aging properties. The more color we eat the healthier our skin, hair, nails, heart, and our entire internal body becomes. Do you want to look and feel better? EAT THE RAINBOW! Literally.
You can start with this recipe. Those vibrant colors are what our bodies crave. Not a fan of beets? Have you tried roasting them yet? Roasting vegetables brings a whole new flavor and texture to vegetables, that we simply just LOVE! Try tossing them with your favorite herbs for some added flavor and heart healthy benefits.
Oven Roasted Beets, Yams, and Carrots Recipe
- 2-3 beets
- 2 large yams
- 6 carrots
- Fresh parsley
- Avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the greens from your beets and save them for a green smoothie or juice!
- Wash, scrub, and chop beets.
- Wash scrub, and chop yams.
- Wash, scrub, and chop carrots.
- Line your pan with parchment paper, lay vegetables on pan, toss with oil, salt, and freshly chopped parsley, Or you can toss with parsley after cooking. Both are delicious.
- *Peeling is optional for all of the above. I tend to leave the peel on my root vegetables for the added minerals that it contains.
This Oven Roasted Beet, Yam and Carrot recipe makes the perfect side dish for just about any meal. Serve with grass-fed steak or Roasted Rosemary Chicken, and a nice green salad! Enjoy!