For some reason, it always blows my mind when something natural REALLY works. I know what you are thinking, “why is she shocked, when she has a natural health blog?” I get it, but truly, I am always [pleasantly] surprised. I think it must be because our generation has been ingrained with a certain way of health and wellness.
Well, I would like to be the first to tell you that what we have been taught about health and wellness is completely wrong! Now, don’t go casting stones at me, I am so thankful for our doctors because we do need them. There are also so many natural solutions that help support our health.
The more I learn, the more I experiment, I just keep getting more and more excited about natural health! God’s gifts work! This past week, for example, has been consumed of occasional sneezing, watery eyes, and some tissues. No fun!
As a child, I had horrible allergies to every kind of grass and went through years of allergy shots to cure my allergy induced asthma. And although I outgrew my asthma, as an adult, the seasonal allergies returned! I would run to Claritin as a first resort. This time, however, I did a little research and found that Lemon, lavender, and peppermint essential oils together create an allergy BOMB! I have officially said goodbye to seasonal allergies and over the counter allergy medicine. I am thrilled to treat my seasonal allergies the natural way!
Essential Oils for Seasonal Allergies
What you need
- Vegetable capsules.
- Therapeutic grade essential oils (these can be ingested), like Lemon, lavender and peppermint (I love doTERRA!)
- Water to fill the shot glass.
- Add two drops of each essential oil in a vegetable capsule.
- Take two to three times a day or as needed (twice a day worked for me!)
For the Kiddo’s
My poor son Rocco has also apparently inherited my allergies. He had been sniffling and sneezing all week. Because he is three, there are no medicines safe for him to take. Thankfully, essential oils are perfectly safe on our little ones. Although it is NOT recommended for them to ingest, it is perfectly SAFE and EFFECTIVE to apply topically.
- In a small dish or roller ball, add 1 tsp fractionated coconut oil, 2-3 drops of each lavender, lemon and peppermint essential oils.
- stir to combine.
- Using just a little, massage into the soles of your little ones feet and cover with socks if they will let you (my boys despise socks!).
- Do this two to three times a day and watch the allergies disappear.
Kick your Seasonal Allergies to the curb! Keep it clean, keep it natural… From my natural health blog to you!
DISCLAIMER: The previous statements about essential oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information provided here is in no way intended to replace proper medical help. These are simply things that have worked for me personally, as well as my friends and family.