I love this stuff.
I have not only been reading about it and its amazing health and beauty benefits, but I have personally been drinking it myself… not strait up! I add 2 tsp to my large glass of water and ice (that is the only way I like it… so far!). Why? For so many reasons! This stuff has so many good for you benefits! Now, you can’t buy just any Apple Cider Vinegar and expect to get results, you need the kind with the Mother in it, like Raw unfiltered Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar.
Health Benefits of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rich in enzymes and Potassium
- Support a healthy immune system
- Helps control weight
- Promotes digestion and ph balance
- Helps soothe dry throats
- Helps remove toxins from the body
- Helps maintain healthy skin
- Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
- soothes irritated skin
- Relieves muscle pain from exercise
Does it sound too good to be true? Its not! Here are some more specific tips on how to use ACV in your daily life.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) In Your Daily Life
Banish bad breath.
- Apple Cider Vinegar makes a wonderful remedy for bad bread or halitosis due to its acidic properties. Add 2 tsp of ACV to a cup of water and gargle the mixture for 10 seconds at a time until the cup is empty.
Fight Yeast Infections.
- With summer just around the corner, this is one to remember! Add 1 1/2 cups ACV into a bathtub filled with warm water and soak for 20 minutes for the first three days of the infection.
Boost your Metabolism and Weight loss
- Mix two teaspoons of ACV into a glass of water and drink this before each meal three times a day.
Lower Bad Cholesterol
- ACV improves the lipid profile in the blood by decreasing the levels of triglycerides and LDL’s (bad cholesterol) and raising HDL’s (good cholesterol). Mix two teaspoons of ACV into a glass of water and drink this before each meal three times a day. Do this in conjunction with a clean, all natural diet.
Soothe a Sore Throat.
- Gargle, gargle, gargle, at the first signs. Mix 1/4 cup ACV with 1/4 cup warm water do this every hour or as much as you can. Germs cannot survive in the acidic environment vinegar creates.
Reduce Swelling in Hands and Feet.
- Anytime you have swelling in your extremities, hands and feet, bring on the ACV! It helps reduce the swelling. Simply soak a towel in a mixture made of half parts warm water and half parts vinegar, then wrap the affected areas for several minutes. Repeat this process using cold water to relieve the swelling.
Prevent Heart Burn and Indigestion
- Before you dine, sip! Add 1 teaspoon ACV to a glass of water and drink it 30 minutes prior to eating.
Say Goodbye to Exhaustion
- ACV contains potassium and enzymes that may relieve that tired feeling. As a mother of twins, right around three o’clock is when I can use a boost! Skip the coffee and try some ACV! Add 1 tbsp to a large glass of ice water.
- ACV PH balances the skin creating a beautiful glow. Apply a few drops to a cotton ball rub on face or trouble area to minimize blemishes and breakouts. Psoriasis and Eczema sufferers praise apple cider vinegar for reducing inflammation.
- Minimize pores by mixing 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp bentonite clay, add 1 tablespoon raw honey. Apply to skin. Bentonite clay is exceptionally detoxifying to the skin creating a deep-pore treatment and the honey ultra moisturizing. Leave on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Do this once a week.
Relieve Arthritis Pain.
- The potassium in cider vinegar may be especially beneficial because it works to prevent calcium build-up in the joints, which is linked to joint stiffness. Mix 1 tbsp with water and drink daily.
Improve Bone Health.
- ACV is packed full of calcium, potassium, magnesium, and other vital minerals, making apple cider vinegar a good candidate for maintaining bone health. Mix 1 tbsp with water and drink daily.
- ACV soothes burned skin. Soak a wash cloth in Apple cider vinegar and apply to the affected areas.
Remove Build Up In Your Hair
Bring on the shine with Apple cider vinegar as a rinse for your hair after shampooing! Try recycling an old shampoo bottle, then filling it with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per cup of cold water. Pour the solution through your hair after shampooing several times a week for dramatic results. Rinse with fresh water and condition as usual.
Just like my other favorite, Coconut Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, is a “jack of all trades,” it is good for so many things! Do you have a favorite way to use ACV that I missed? Have you noticed your health change since drinking it? Please share!
Keep it Clean, Keep it natural! From my natural health blog to you!