You know when you found THE ONE, you can’t get enough! There is no more searching, no more recipes to try. And guess what!? I found THE ONE, thanks to the PRIMAL PALATE and NOM NOM PALEO! There are so many chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, so many Paleo and grain free cookies, but with these, they stole my heart! They won me (and my husband and kids) over with their chewy, sweet, yet deceptively nutritious, and just the right amount of chocolate chips!
Although I do not consider my self “Paleo,” I was recently asked what percentage paleo am I, via my Facebook Page. My response… I am a WHOLE FOOD/REAL FOOD believer. I incorporate all foods (except fish and pork because I don’t like them) into my diet. I eat grains, but I keep them whole… Oats, rice, beans, sprouted wheat bread, etc. I also do not eat them in excess and ALWAYS balance them with protein, which slows digestion. Since I have PCOS, when I make “sweet treats” or recipes which normally use processed flour, I prefer to use nut flours because they are lower in carbohydrates and will not spike insulin. This is not only good for people with PCOS or diabetes, but EVERYONE can benefit from this. Any time we eat an excess of carbohydrates, this spikes insulin and causes FAT storage. Who wants that? This is why I LOVE nut flours. They are protein packed, nutrient dense, and full of heart healthy fat.
I steer clear of white processed sugar but use natural sweeteners. Natural sweeteners like raw honey, coconut sugar, and Grade B maple syrup, are unprocessed and still contain essential nutrients our bodies crave (again we eat for wellness). The more we eat foods that contain NUTRIENTS the better overall health we will have, and yes, that even includes sweet treats! Isn’t that good news!?
I do not eat dessert every day. But I will ENJOY a naturally made dessert GUILT FREE once a week! Make a batch of these deceptively nutritious and delicious Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies and enjoy every bite… of one or three 😉
The Best Ever PALEO Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil, unrefined
- 1/2 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 2 Omega 3 Eggs (or vegan eggs, like Neat Eggs or Namaste Eggs)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined.
- Melt coconut oil (stovetop or in toaster oven), pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
Serve with HOMEMADE Raw Almond Milk. Salute!
Keep it Clean, keep it natural! From my REAL FOOD and Natural Health Blog to you!