Life just seems to be getting busier and busier the older my twins get! They have so much energy that I can barely keep up with them! With all that running around we do together, I need quick and easy meals for the week. One of my favorite ways to make meal planning easier, is to make a whole oven roasted Chicken in the in oven at the beginning of the week, served with baked sweet potatoes, lemony green beans and a crisp mixed green salad for a complete, wholesome, and nutrient dense meal!
With all of the left over chicken, I debone (save the remains for some homemade bone broth, recipe coming!), and I’m able to make sandwiches with sprouted bread, salads, burritos, enchiladas, and many other dishes for the rest of the week!
Clean eating is all about whole foods, real food, and meal planning! This Clean Eating Oven Roasted Rosemary Free-Range Chicken will be a perfect addition to your family’s meals, help you meet your health and wellness goals… and save you a ton of time in the kitchen! We all want that right?
Clean Eating Oven Roasted Rosemary Free-Range Chicken
- 7-8lb Whole Free-Range Chicken
- 3-4 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 4 Tbsp Organic Grass-fed Butter
- Koasher (coarse) Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Heat oven to 325.
- Remove Giblets. Rinse Chicken and pat dry. Loosen skin over breasts and rub softened butter all over. Place 1 or 2 Sprigs of rosemary under the skin. Place remaining springs inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Secure legs with kitchen twine. Rub remaining butter all over the chicken. sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place meat thermometer in the thigh of the chicken. Place in oven, baste ever 20-30 minutes until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving so juices do not run out.
Simple. Easy. Deliciously healthy.
Keep it clean, keep it natural! From my natural health blog to you!