Crunchy… Yes! Delicious… Yes! Easy… Yes! Its a win-win-WIN! Beets have not always been my favorite. As a kid, I remember ‘trying’ canned beets at Thanksgiving, and from that point on I knew that “I did not like beets.” However, now I know, its all about the preparation, and I’m loving my homemade oven-baked beet chips, and I hope you do too!
Beets are one of the greatest healing foods. I have struggled with severe anemia over that past year (due to some PCOS complications), and have added beets regularly to my diet and have learned over the last few years to really love them! They are rich in iron and known for their blood building capabilities. Not only that, they are packed with essential minerals, phytochemicals (aka cancer fighting!), and have special anti-inflammatory/anti-aging properties. These include…
- Susceptibility to infections
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
If you suffer from any of the above or want to prevent, definitely start including beets and their beautiful greens (add the greens to your green smoothies or juices!) into your diet! My favorite ways to eat beets are roasted (perfect for yummy salads!), juiced, or baked! These are definitely a family favorite!
Homemade Oven-Baked Beet Chips
- Four Organic Beets (save those greens and juice or blend!)
- Unrefined Avocado Oil (this is our favorite!) Avocado Oil is perfect for high heat cooking!
- Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- Spiral Slicer (this is the one I use)
- Or a Mandoline
- four organic beets
- Avocado oil
- Himalayan Salt
- Scrub beets and slice beets in half.
- Press flat part of beet onto the spiralizer or mandolin and slice.
- Toss with salt and oil.
- Lay out on two parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 min.
I hope you love my Homemade Oven-baked Beet Chips as much as we do! Do you have a favorite way to eat beets? Let us know!!! Mangia Mangia!
Keep it clean, keep it natural! From My Natural Health Blog to you!