I love wine. Honestly, if someone told me that it was terribly bad and caused cancer. I don’t think I could give it up (well maybe!)!
Eating clean does not mean that mean you can’t enjoy life a little. Life is all about living… and enjoying! God made food… and wine to be pleasurable! Sip, savor, and enjoy with your loved ones!
“Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life.” Ecclesiastes 5:18
Benefits of Drinking Wine
- Promotes Longevity – Wine drinkers have a 34% lower mortality rate than spirit or beer drinkers.
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – 30 percent less risk than non-drinkers of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Attack-Moderate drinkers suffering from high blood pressure are 30 percent less likely to have a heart attack than non-drinkers.
- Lowers Heart Disease Red – wine tannins contain procyanidins, which protect against heart disease… Merlot, Cabernet, Zinfandel, Pinot Nior!
- Lowers Risk of Stroke – The possibility of suffering a blood clot–related stroke drops by about 50 percent in people who consume moderate amounts of alcohol.
- Cuts Risk of Cataracts – wine drinkers are 32 percent less likely to get cataracts than non-drinkers. Also, those who consume wine are 43 percent less likely to develop cataracts than those drinking mainly beer
- Cuts Risk of Colon Cancer- By 45 %!
- Slows Brain Decline-Brain function declines at a markedly faster rate in non-drinkers than in moderate drinkers.
This is such good news! But it doesn’t mean we should drink a whole bottle! Enjoy a glass to two every now and again! Make sure you eat clean and healthy… Enjoy your Life! Each day is such a blessing. Try my favorite and healthier Sangria…
Healthier White Wine Sangria
Ingredients (For less, just cut the ingredients in half or double ingredients for more!)
- 2 bottles of Dry White Wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup Peach Brandy
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Agave nectar (depending on your taste… Some like it sweeter!)
- 2 peaches
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 oranges
- 3 cups of Sparkling water like San Pallegrino.
I wish I got a picture of the beautiful glasses, but I am sure you can imagine what a beautiful presentation they were! As much as I love red wine, it is always fun to mix it up with a pretty drink! I hope everyone enjoying their summer, and I hope you have one more day to make this refreshing drink! Salute!
Do you have a favorite summer drink? I’m sure our readers would love your recipe! Please share! Also I love feed back! Let me know what you think 🙂