Choosing to live a clean, natural, organic, unprocessed life style, doesn’t mean boring or tasteless food. It doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself and eat only salad, carrots and celery all day. Eating a natural diet is an adventurous way of eating, and is much more satisfying. A naturally made dessert can also be part of a healthy diet! It’s okay to enjoy something sweet… and NOT feel bad about it!
If you are just starting out on your path to eating a natural diet full of clean foods, this recipe may or may not be for you! Sometimes, when we make changes in our lives, we need to get rid of all that was “bad” before bringing balance back in. When making a decision to eat clean you will need to get rid of all the sweets to help your bodies detox from a sugar addiction. Because mostly all processed foods have some type of processed sugar added or worse, high fructose corn syrup, our bodies become literally ADDICTED to sugar! Your body will crave the sugar, just like a smoker craves a cigarette. You will need to make the call on where you are at in your health journey.
However, I’m definitely not into depriving myself, and neither should you! Enjoying a naturally made dessert once a week is just fine! I can easily eat one or two of these little guys and be very satisfied! These are natural, and ‘real food’ gluten-free chocolate chip cookies!
Raw Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Sucanat
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c. all natural semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (look for a pack with natural sugars. I found some at Trader Joes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the first five ingredients. Once they are combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out and roll into 24 balls. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and back for 10-12 minutes.
- They should be lightly golden on top when done.
- Serve with homemade Raw Almond milk or milk of choice!
I love feedback! Let me know what you think of my favorite raw almond butter chocolate chip cookies! Enjoy!