That’s right! You never have to buy deodorant again…. and your friends will still want to be around you! I bought four different natural deodorants before I was fed up! I would end up smelling “not so fresh” by the end of the day! Maybe its because I am constantly chasing two toddlers around, but STILL! There had to be another way to maintain my dignity and still live a healthy natural lifestyle! My homemade deodorant is simple to make and actually works!
Why not just use regular deodorant? Hmmmm… antiperspirants deodorants first ingredient is Aluminum, a common skin irritant! Not only that, Aluminum is a poisonous neurotoxin that accumulates in the body and is linked to Alzheimer’s! The same way parabens build up in the body, Aluminum does as well! Aluminum also can mimic estrogen in the body, so not only do you need to worry about Alzheimer’s, but having too much estrogen floating around can promote the growth of breast cancer tissue (and yes there have been cases of men having breast cancer too!). And unfortunately,that isn’t the only nasty ingredient. These are also quite common in deodorants… parabens (cancer),propylene glycol (damage to the central nervous system),Phthalates (disrupts hormones),Triclosan (another carcinogen).
So what are you supposed to do? MAKE YOUR OWN! It is SUPER cost-effective, works wonderful (even after chasing twins around AND a sweaty workout!), and EASY to make! There are many recipes online you can find, however after a lot of trial and error I have created my own! This one has the best consistency!
Naturally Made Homemade Deodorant
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs baking soda (add an extra Tbs or two for extra strength)
- 3 tbs arrowroot powder
- 2 tbs raw shea butter
- 10 drops of essential oil of choice (tea tree oil has great anti-bacterial properties!)
- Melt the coconut oil and raw shea butter on the stove in a double boiler.
- Add the arrowroot powder and baking soda, use a whisk to mix.
- Add essential oils of choice.
- Store in your favorite container. You can Roll down an old deodorant container and pour in or put in tupperware. Cool for about an hour on the counter. If in summer, cool in refrigerator.
My homemade natural deodorant recipe is what I use every day and have for years now! It is much cheaper and MUCH more effective than anything you can buy at the store. Enjoy…and stay fresh 😉